This past Sunday we began our new series, Kingdom Living, from the book of Colossians.
Here are some fast facts about this great book of scripture.
1. Written by Paul with Timothy also mentioned - Colossians 1:1
2. The book is written to faithful believers of Jesus in Colossae - Colossians 1:2
3. The church was not planted by Paul but by Epaphras - Colossians 1:7
4. The church was faithful, loving, healthy, hopeful, and inclusive of all believers - Colossians
5. The overarching theme of the book is the preeminence of Jesus - Colossians 1:15-20
6. One of the reasons the book was written was to help the church and all believers combat the
many external pressures trying to change the gospel or water it down.
7. The book is four chapters.
8. It will take us 8 - 10 weeks to complete.
This Sunday we will look at Colossians 1:9-14 - new wisdom and new kingdom because what you know plays out in how and where you live.
See you Sunday!